Google Analytics is one of the most powerful tools that you can use for Analysing the Traffic to your website, it also allows you to monitor the daily traffic to the site. Google Analytics supplies you with a huge amount of data, including Mobile Traffic, Direct Traffic, Organic Traffic & Social Media Traffic. This can be very confusing if you have never used it before. You will get trapped and eventually give up.
Any Business that wants to make sure their website is doing well should defiantly make use of this fantastic resource. If you have a high rate of traffic to your site, let us say 1000 visitors but only 100 mobile visitors you have to ask yourself a few simple questions. The first question to ask yourself is: Is my website responsive? If not this is your problem! The second question is do you want to improve this figure?
Google analytics offers you so much in terms data, but I am going to give you five examples of the most important pieces of analytic data…
- How many visitors arrive at your website each month.
- Where the visitors to your website are initially coming from – this is very important because you could have 200 visitors from Twitter, 100 from Facebook but only 20 from Organic Search. This shows you that the website is in dire need of Search Engine Optimisation.
- What web browser your visitors are using – this allows you to focus on specific browsers.
- What keywords people are using to find your website – Google Analytics will give you a list of all the keywords people search, this allows you to monitor where that keyword ranks for your website, allowing you to optimise your site even better.
- What mobile device people are using – this allows you to know whether your website is mobile friendly and what mobile device is best for your, i.e. iOS, Android, Windows or Blackberry. From the operating system you can locate specific devices – e.g. Apple iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Blackberry Playbook.